Last night’s SmackDown Live treated fans to a dream match with the main event between Daniel Bryan and WWE Champion AJ Styles. The match was announced earlier in the night by new GM, Paige, which sent the crowd into a frenzy at the thought of two of the best in-ring technicians in the world going toe-to-toe.
Just as the match was heating up, Shinsuke Nakamura attacked both Styles and Bryan which resulted in a no contest. This gained even more heat for the newly turned heel as Nakamura continued to show his mean streak which was first seen in his post-match beatdown of Styles at WrestleMania 34.
The evolution of Nakamura’s character is just what he needed as he failed to truly captivate the audience in the build-up to ‘Mania with his limited mic skills. From what we have seen so far, Nakamura will choose his words wisely and kick more ass. This prospect will surely excite longtime fans of Nakamura as he can now be the brutal badass that made him so popular in Japan.
This could possibly set up a triple threat match for the WWE Championship between the three superstars at Backlash which would easily be one of the most exciting matchups WWE has had to offer this year. Even if any of the three men are drafted from SmackDown in next week’s Superstar Shakeup, it most likely wouldn’t stop the match from taking place as several matches have already been announced for the event such as Samoa Joe vs. Roman Reigns.
— WWE (@WWE) April 10, 2018
With the hype still fresh from Bryan’s return, Nakamura’s recent attitude change and Styles’ ability to consistently deliver awesome matches, this is a potential bout that will have the whole wrestling world gleaming with anticipation.
- AJ Styles
- wwe backlash
- SmackDown Live
- Shinsuke Nakamura
- New Japan
- Daniel Bryan
- wwe championship
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023
- Report: Vince McMahon Used A Cane To Walk At WWE Employee Meeting