With speculation running rampant about Cody Rhodes’ AEW contract status, many have wondered about the contract status for other AEW original signees.
According to Fightful Select, Joey Janela is set to see his AEW contract expiring soon.
Fightful spoke to Janela who noted that his current AEW contract is up in May 2022 with the report going on to say:
“Janela said during the interview that he enjoys working in All Elite Wrestling and would like to remain with the company. In the past, outside of controversial talent, All Elite Wrestling has allowed contracts to expire in most cases instead of releasing talent before their deals are up.
Janela spoke highly of AEW, and says that he’s hoped to bridge the gap between AEW and GCW, and the relationship between the two. Janela takes on Matt Cardona this weekend at The WRLD on GCW.”
Janela’s aforementioned match at this weekend’s GCW event at Hammerstein Ballroom against Matt Cardona has been heavily promoted on social media with Cardona’s real-life brand new wife Chelsea Green featuring in the angle as well.
WRLD on GCW will also see AEW’s Jon Moxley take on Homicide for the GCW World Championship.
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- Update On MJF AEW Contract Situation, Locker Room Not On MJF’s Side
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Latest On MJF-AEW Situation, Tony Khan Willing To Pay MJF Comparable To Other Top Stars
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- Alexa Bliss Shows Off New Tattoo (PHOTO)