Adam Cole faced Kyle O’Reilly at NXT TakeOver 36 in a 2 out of 3 falls match. When the final bell rang, Kyle O’Reilly’s hand was raised as the victor. He defeated Cole 2 falls to 1, winning the final fall while handcuffed to the ropes.
The match certainly felt like a potential send-off for Adam Cole who has reportedly been working on a short-term contract since his long-term deal expired. Now, Sean Ross Sapp has reported on Fightful.com (subscription required) that Adam Cole still has not signed a new contract according to his sources within WWE.
While that isn’t really much of an update, the big news is that he hasn’t signed. His short-term extension is set to expire soon. According to multiple reports, Cole met with Vince McMahon himself about the potential for resigning with WWE.
BOOM! ?@AdamColePro#NXTTakeOver pic.twitter.com/SAd0YNFudL
— WWE (@WWE) August 23, 2021
Supposedly creative were working on potential story options for Cole on the main roster. The fact that he hasn’t signed with WWE would indicate he either hasn’t been happy with the storyline pitches or something else is holding him back.
What could it be? Money? Significant others working for other companies? Wherever he winds up, Adam Cole certainly has the personality to get over big time.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Big Former WWE Name Backstage At ROH Supercard Of Honor
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Comments On Top AEW Star Potentially Coming To WWE