Following last week’s report on AEW Double or Nothing 2023’s PPV buy-rate, there has now been a further update, revealing yet another strange occurrence with PPV buys in the company.
According to Dave Meltzer on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Double or Nothing became the second straight AEW PPV to see a significant increase in buys in the week following the event taking place.
This ultimately paints a much better picture of Double or Nothing’s overall success than was first believed when initial numbers came out last week.
“As of this morning, they were up 14% from last Thursday, so that would be over the last six days.
“It’s the second pay-per-view in a row that this has happened.
“So the pay-per-view for Double Or Nothing is gonna end up doing better than almost everyone would have projected a week ago.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
As Meltzer mentioned, this late increase follows the same occurrence from March’s Revolution PPV, albeit, at a lower rate.
Meltzer noted in last week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Revolution saw a staggering 30.7 percent of increase in PPV buys the week after the event aired.
Nevertheless the updated figures will paint a more successful picture of Double or Nothing overall, something that became a topic of discussion recently.
With Double or Nothing in the rear-view AEW can look forward to both the debut of AEW Collision on June 17 and the AEW x NJPW PPV Forbidden Door II on June 25.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Backstage News On Change To Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Entrance Music
- Scrapped Championship Win Plans For Released WWE Star Revealed
- Major Spoiler For Jade Cargill WWE Debut?
- Which WWE Brand Jade Cargill Is Expected To Debut On Revealed
- John Cena, Cody Rhodes & More Announced For NXT Airing Against Edge’s AEW Debut Match
- Update On Becky Lynch WWE Status
- Tony Khan Interested In Free Agent Rumored To Join AEW Or WWE
- Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) AEW Debut Reaches Impressive Media Numbers
- Unseen Footage Of Surprise Return On WWE Raw
- ‘Too Clean, Too Perfect’ – WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Wasn’t Into’ Top AEW WrestleDream Match