It was reported several weeks ago that WWE had two men in mind to face Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 36.
In a rematch from Crown Jewel, WWE was reportedly considering giving Cain Velasquez another shot at his long-time rival. The other option was for Lesnar to defend against Tyson Fury, who also made his WWE debut at Crown Jewel.
An update has now emerged with regards to WWE’s plans for “The Beast” at WrestleMania in April 2020.
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, “as of right now” Brock will be defending his WWE Championship against NEITHER Cain Velasquez or Tyson Fury.
There is no word on who WWE is planning on having Brock Lesnar face at the “show of shows”. For what it’s worth, I think that they are probably still working that out themselves.
I think that Kevin Owens should be considered for a title match against Brock. During his time on SmackDown this summer, KO was one of the most over acts in the company.
If he gets hot during his feud with Seth, which he definitely should, then a WWE Championship match at WrestleMania with Brock Lesnar would be an intriguing prospect for Owens.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London