Backstage details have reportedly emerged on why WWE stars don’t have no-cut clauses applied to their contracts.
With over 80 in-ring performers leaving WWE this year alone, it was speculated that top stars set to re-sign may negotiate ‘no-cut’ clauses into their deals, guaranteeing their place on the roster for a certain amount of time. It was previously reported that Kevin Owens’ new deal didn’t contain said clause, however.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), several WWE sources indicated that the subject of no-cut clauses was brought up at one point, with certain people of influence open to them.
Eventually, talent was informed that WWE wasn’t willing to utilize no-cut clauses in contracts, and that this was non-negotiable. Fightful added that they learned that Vince McMahon specifically was adamantly against the clauses.
An update on the WWE 2K22 roster has emerged, discussing the likelihood of released WWE stars being featured in the game, which you can read about at this link.
- AEW Star Reacts To Real-Life Brother Winning Championship In WWE
- WWE’s Rhea Ripley Sends Emotional Message To Dominik Mysterio After Losing Championship
- Rumored New WWE Signing Vacates Championship
- WWE’s Dominik Mysterio Breaks Silence With Message To Judgment Day After Title Loss
- CM Punk Backstage News From WWE NXT Deadline
- Dolph Ziggler First Post-WWE Match Confirmed
- Video Footage Of WWE’s Cora Jade Breaking Character Meeting CM Punk Backstage At NXT Deadline
- AEW Star Calls Out Triple H Following Controversial WWE Affiliate Comment
- Top WWE Star Pulled From Shows After Legitimate Injury
- AEW Star’s First Match In Six Months Confirmed