A new report has revealed details of talks Vince McMahon has purportedly had regarding potential changes to NXT 2.0.
As per Fightful Select (subscription required), there have been discussions within WWE about plans for the future of NXT 2.0, seemingly directly from Vince McMahon.
One reported pitch was for NXT to targer more of a P18-34 demographic with all aspects, from in-ring aggression to harsher language. Another point brought up was for the show to “keep up with current affairs with promos and character verbiage”.
Fightful stated that they hadn’t heard much more than of a “brief internal acknowledgement” that these points had been discussed. The report noted that a talent stated they were unaware of these talks, with the talent reportedly saying they’ll believe the changes when they see them.
NXT was rebooted ahead of last week’s (September 14) premiere of NXT 2.0. Tommaso Ciampa has addressed fan criticisms of the new format, advising fans to tune in over the next few weeks to see what the brand is really about.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- Veteran Announce Team To Reunite For Ric Flair’s Last Match
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament