Vince McMahon is headed to trial following the attempted settlement talks between he and former XFL commissioner Oliver Luck.
Luck first filed a lawsuit against McMahon’s company Alpha Entertainment for $23.8 million in compensation of his XFL contract, claiming McMahon had made a ‘personal guarantee’ payment would be made.
McMahon then filed a countersuit alleging that Alpha Entertainment incurred damages of over $572,000 due to Luck breaching his contract and duties.
The two parties held settlement talks today that lasted just nine minutes as talks “quickly fizzled”.
A trial date is set for July 11.
The XFL is now owned by a group led by Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson and Dani Garcia after it had filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in April 2020 following the firing all of its staff including Luck.
This story isn’t of course the only legal story involving McMahon today following the allegations against him that surfaced, which you can read more about at this link.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material
- Danhausen Shares Photo With Sasha Banks From Recent Public Appearance