Two nights of WrestleMania has very quickly become a WWE staple over the past four years.
The first two night event came back in 2020 at WrestleMania 36 in the WWE Performance Center, with every year since being held over two nights.
The change came after the previous four events went for around seven hours from the start of the pre-show until the end of the main show, which many in the company deemed too long for the event.
WWE Hall of Famer Road Dogg spoke about WrestleMania 34 in 2018 on his ‘Oh…You Didn’t Know’ podcast, where he said that night in New Orleans was the first conversation about potentially making the show two nights.
“Seven straight hours I believe it was (WrestleMania 34). Goodnight Irene.
“Yeah, this is at the time where that conversation started (about WrestleMania being two nights), you know what I mean? Where it was like, this is too much. But then it’s like, well who has been productive for you all year that you’re gonna take off the show?… That’s a tricky situation to be in and so, this was one of the years, one of the first years where that conversation started milling around like, ‘Hey, is there anything to doing this on two nights? Or three or something?’ So yeah, that conversation started because of these seven and eight-hour nights like these.”
transcription via POST Wrestling
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Popular Wrestling Database Site Announces Changes Due To AEW, WWE Fan Tribalism