Typically WrestleMania is when WWE pulls out all the stops to put on its best possible matches, and while a number of this year’s ‘Mania matches were great, one in particular has received a lot of criticism.
The opening match of WrestleMania 37 Night Two saw Randy Orton take on The Fiend, with Orton picking up a shock win with one RKO after The Fiend was distracted by Alexa Bliss, who appeared at ringside, wearing a crown and squirting black liquid all over her face.
The finish has been widely condemned by all who watched it, with very few fans having anything good to say about the match.
The latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter has given the match a minus one star rating, making it one of the worst matches in WrestleMania history, according to the Observer.
Of course the observer ratings are just the opinion of one man, but we can’t see too many people disagreeing with the rating.
Here are the full star ratings for WrestleMania 37.
- Lashley def. McIntyre: 3.75
- Carmella & Kay def. Naomi & Lana: 0.75
- Riott & Morgan def. Kay & Carmella: 0.5
- Riott & Morgan def. Brooke & Rose: 1.25
- Natalya & Tamina def. Riott & Morgan: 1.75
- Cesaro def. Rollins: 4
- Styles & Omos def. Kingston & Woods: 2.25
- Strowman def. McMahon (Steel Cage match): 1.5
- Bad Bunny & Priest def. Miz & Morrison: 3.5
- Belair def. Banks: 4
- Orton def. Fiend: -1
- Baszler & Jax def. Tamina & Natalya: 2.25
- Owens def. Zayn: 3.75
- Sheamus def. Riddle: 4
- Crews def. Big E (Nigerian Drum Fight): 3
- Ripley def. Asuka: 3.75
- Reigns def. Bryan and Edge (three-way): 4.5