WWE’s original plans for Raw & SmackDown Women’s Title matches at WrestleMania 38 have now been revealed.
WWE’s two women’s singles titles are held by two of the division’s top stars, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair. Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, both were originally set to have high profile singles matches during the April 2-3 event.
According to the report, Lynch was pencilled in to defend the Raw Women’s Championship against Bianca Belair, and Flair was set to put her gold on the line against Sasha Banks.
Becky Lynch notably defeated Bianca Belair at SummerSlam 2021 to win the SmackDown Women’s Championship, before exchanging it for the Raw Women’s Title after getting drafted to the Red Brand.
Banks is currently out of action, after suffering a foot injury at a WWE house show. Per the report, Banks is expected to return in time for WrestleMania, but it was noted that WWE may choose to go in another direction while The Boss is off TV.
Charlotte Flair notably announced herself for the women’s Royal Rumble during last week’s (January 7) edition of SmackDown. Stay up to date with Royal Rumble entrants by using our entrant tracker, at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return