WWE’s original plans for Raw & SmackDown Women’s Title matches at WrestleMania 38 have now been revealed.
WWE’s two women’s singles titles are held by two of the division’s top stars, Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair. Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, both were originally set to have high profile singles matches during the April 2-3 event.
According to the report, Lynch was pencilled in to defend the Raw Women’s Championship against Bianca Belair, and Flair was set to put her gold on the line against Sasha Banks.
Becky Lynch notably defeated Bianca Belair at SummerSlam 2021 to win the SmackDown Women’s Championship, before exchanging it for the Raw Women’s Title after getting drafted to the Red Brand.
Banks is currently out of action, after suffering a foot injury at a WWE house show. Per the report, Banks is expected to return in time for WrestleMania, but it was noted that WWE may choose to go in another direction while The Boss is off TV.
Charlotte Flair notably announced herself for the women’s Royal Rumble during last week’s (January 7) edition of SmackDown. Stay up to date with Royal Rumble entrants by using our entrant tracker, at this link.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines