It sounds like WWE has added a new word to its seemingly ever-growing list of words that aren’t allowed to be said on-air.
The banned list notably includes words such as “wrestling”, “belt” and “card”, and the latest addition is another puzzling one.
As per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the announcers were not allowed to say “Ontario” when SmackDown was in Ontario, California on October 15.
Instead, they had to stick to specifically calling it just “Southern California”.
This is similar to the situation a few weeks ago when Raw was in Raleigh, North Carolina, and the announcers weren’t allowed to say “Raleigh” due to the belief it sounds minor-league.
Vince McMahon is weird.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- LIVE RESULTS – AEW Dynamite – May 25, 2022
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines