WWE has cancelled plans for an upcoming pay-per-view that was set to take place in Chicago later this year.
WWE TLC 2021 was originally scheduled to take place on December 19, but as per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, there will now not be a pay-per-view at all in the month of December.
Instead, WWE Day 1, which takes place on January 1, 2022, is theoretically being counted as the December pay-per-view.
“The decision was made that… originally there was going to be a pay-per-view in Chicago at the Allstate Arena in mid December, and the feeling is now that doing 12 a year, and the December pay-per-view will actually be January 1 in Atlanta. The idea of doing January 1 rather than do mid-late December. And then they’re still gonna do Royal Rumble as the January pay-per-view.
“A lot of people were wondering, when they moved the December Chicago date from being a pay-per-view to being a television taping, who’s gonna get the pay-per-view? And the answer is that there is no pay-per-view.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
The Rumble is set for January 29, which happens to be a Saturday, in St Louis, Missouri.
WWE Day 1 on January 1 is also a Saturday.
- Bray Wyatt’s New Ring Name Revealed?
- Report: Huge ROH Show Announcement Imminent
- Amanda Huber Shares Heartbreaking Story Behind An Infamous Brodie Lee Pic
- Lio Rush Provides Update On Shoulder Injury & Return Plans (Exclusive)
- Kenny Omega On Whether He Thought Forbidden Door Would Actually Happen
- AEW’s Jungle Boy Out With An Injury
- More Matches Announced For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Buy-In
- Stipulation Added To AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Six Man Tag Match
- Original Plan For WWE Hall Of Famer To Manage MVP
- Ronda Rousey In Action During WWE SmackDown Dark Match