A new report has revealed more backstage details regarding plans for a potential Dominik Mysterio heel turn.
dissension between Rey and Dominik Mysterio has been teased on recent episodes of SmackDown. During a backstage interview following his victory over Dominik on September 17, Sami Zayn argued that Rey Mysterio has been the “common denominator” behind Dominik’s losses.
As per WrestlingNews.co, Vince McMahon has been “receptive” to the idea of having Dominik wear a mask and declare himself the superior member of the Mysterio family as part of a heel turn.
In an interview last year, Dominik revealed that there had been some backstage talk about having him adopt a mask and go by “Prince Mysterio”. Rey Mysterio filed to trademark the name in 2019.
It has previously been noted that Mysterio is open to passing his mask down to his son. Dominik Mysterio hasn’t won a singles match since his May 21 victory over Robert Roode.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw