A WWE Hall of Famer has named the person they consider to have been the most valuable player of the 2023 Royal Rumble.
Speaking on Grilling JR, AEW commentator Jim Ross addressed the role of the Number 1 entrant GUNTHER in the Royal Rumble:
“He’s a freak. Had a hell of a night, no doubt about it. Probably the best night of his career ever.
“It’s arguable to say that, you know, GUNTHER was the MVP of that, of that show. ‘Cause, you know, he went well over an hour.
“He’s a lean, mean fighting machine, and there is no doubt about that.
“So, hats off to him as well … GUNTHER had a hell of a night. He had a very successful night even though he didn’t win.”
GUNTHER would be eliminated by Cody Rhodes after coming down to the final two in the Men’s Royal Rumble.
“I fully believe GUNTHER got over even though he didn’t win the Rumble.
“I would expect great things from him, especially after Saturday night.”
GUNTHER lasted a recording-breaking 71 minutes and 42 seconds in the match, breaking Rey Mysterio’s 2006 record.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Scrapped John Cena WrestleMania 39 Matches Revealed