WWE Hall of Famer and NXT commentator Booker T has criticised fans of All Elite Wrestling, comparing them to a cult.
Fans of the promotion have something of a reputation online for being defensive, and encouraging people to watch AEW Dynamite in conversations that are only tangentially related to wrestling.
During the latest edition of Booker’s Hall of Fame podcast, a listener wrote in comparing AEW to a cult; a sentiment with which Booker agreed:
“I wouldn’t say all of them, I’m not going to say all of them, but a lot of them. Sometimes they’re just looking for it. It’s like being in a relationship, you know where you got one of those girlfriends that’s just looking through your phone all the time, just looking for something … making up excuses to have a fight, stuff like that, that’s the way AEW fans are.
“You could be talking about something totally irrelevant to AEW and they’re like, ‘Wait a minute, he’s talking about AEW, did he say Kenny Omega?’ It’s that kind of stuff, it’s like they’re paranoid.
“Relax, no one’s thinking about AEW that much enough to where we’re going to try to talk in code about it.”
For more wrestling news, be sure to follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of WrestlingInc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- Former NJPW Star Set For WWE Debut Next Week
- Major Stipulation Added To NXT Stand & Deliver Match
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change