Having taken part in the IMG Academy tryout in December 2022, a future prospect has now joined the WWE Performance Center.
Hunter Smallback was part of the group of thirty athletes to take part in the three-day tryout at IMG Academy.
Under the watchful eye of, among others, Big E and Matt Bloom, the three-day event was part of a new recruitment strategy aimed at attracting elite former college athletes.
Smallback was one of two Floridians who would be successful in the tryout.
Speaking to SNN News about his experience at the time, Smallback said:
“It’s just exciting, another rush you know? The WWE is such a first-class organization. They bring smiles to people’s faces, it’s fun, it’s entertaining, who wouldn’t want to be a part of something like that?”
He would also share footage of his experience on his Instagram account.
Dave Meltzer has provided an update on Smallback in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), writing:
“Hunter Smallback, 23, a 6-foot-4, 227 pound defensive end at Stetson University, started at the Performance Center this week.”
According to his Stetson Hatters profile, Smallback majored in Business Administration and was born in August 1999.
Quotes from SNN News.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW