WWE extended its relationship with Saudi Arabia last year. The new ten-year deal ensures the company has to put on a minimum of two shows in the country each year.
However, this announcement was followed by a report that Saudi Arabia actually owed WWE money, causing Vince McMahon to allegedly cut the 2019 Crown Jewel feed to Saudi Arabian pay-per-view providers.
The speculation of WWE’s relationship with the Middle Eastern country has now been intensified by the fact that the WWE Network is no longer available in Saudi Arabia.
When Twitter user @fahd_a4 asked WWE Network why he couldn’t watch shows despite being subscribed to the Network, the account told him that the subscription service is no longer available in Saudi Arabia, and won’t be until further notice.
Hi! Thank you for reaching out. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. WWE Network will not be available in Saudi Arabia until further notice. For more information, you may go to https://t.co/UqSN95m7gL. Thanks! ^NN
— Ask WWE Network (@AskWWENetwork) March 24, 2020
It would appear as if this is a very new thing, as the Twitter user says he was able;e to watch shows on the WWE Network without any issues yesterday.
There is no word on why the WWE Network is no longer available in Saudi Arabia, but it could be another indication that the relationship between the two parties has soured slightly. For the latest on this story, make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
This comes after WWE, to their credit, decided to offer a significant portion of the WWE Network for free to fans as a result of Coronavirus.
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- WWE Tag Team Makes Raw Debut Against Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler
- Roman Reigns 1000-Day Celebration SmackDown Draws Incredible Viewership Numbers