The most recent episodes of Raw and SmackDown drew the biggest TV crowds of the year for WWE, per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Noting that both shows shifted a considerable number of seats within the last few days of sales, Dave Meltzer noted:
The (March 25) Smackdown show at the Barclays Center and (March 28) Raw in Pittsburgh drew the two biggest television crowds of the year for the promotion. In the case of the Barclays Center show, it had gotten off to a weak advance, but tickets started moving well after the angle was shot in Madison Square Garden with Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns, and had a great last few days of sales. Pittsburgh was always doing well, but moved nearly 1,700 tickets the last day which is a huge number.
The March 25 edition of SmackDown featured several Roman Reigns & Brock Lesnar segments, culminating with Lesnar attacking members of security with a steel chair.
Monday’s episode of Raw was headlined by the Champion vs Champion RK-Bro vs Usos match, which ended following interference from the Street Profits and Shinsuke Nakamura & Rick Boogs.
Both of these shows furthered storylines heading into WrestleMania 38 week.
Check out the full cards for WrestleMania Saturday here, and WrestleMania Sunday here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: First Look At Samoa Joe In Twisted Metal
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown