During last night’s episode of NXT on the USA Network, it seems WWE may have removed the Million Dollar Championship from TV once again.
Cameron Grimes, with the ‘Million Dollar Man’ Ted DiBiase in his corner, beat LA Knight to win the title at NXT TakeOver 36 this past Sunday.
To open last night’s NXT, Grimes and DiBiase had a feel-good celebration segment in the ring, but it appears DiBiase’s heart wasn’t all in it.
Later in the show, as DiBiase was leaving the arena, he took the championship belt with him, and gave Grimes a cheap replica version.
With Grimes’ feud with Knight seemingly now finished, and the new era of NXT on the horizon, it appears we may have seen the end of the Million Dollar Championship and Ted DiBiase.
As of this writing, the title is still listed as active on WWE.com with Grimes as champion.
Knight has joined the NXT Title picture and has a match against Johnny Gargano next week, with Grimes’ future now unclear.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Confidence In Signing Jay White & Kota Ibushi
- Carmella WWE Absence Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- WWE Stars Vow Bloodshed At NXT Stand & Deliver
- Pat McAfee WrestleMania 39 Status Revealed