According to a report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is currently trying to sign people they have absolutely no interest in, just to try and stop them from signing with competition.
No matter how many times wrestlers and officials claim that AEW is not seen as a competitor, this kind of behaviour would seem to suggest otherwise.
Writing in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer wrote:
“WWE has opened up talks about bringing a number of people in that they’ve never had any interest in, with the obvious reason that there is a belief they could be of value to the opposition.”
There has been an increase of Performance Center tryouts in recent months, and it’s not exactly a secret as to why that is.
Hopefully there are some stars who won’t let the money draw them in, because the majority would probably be signed and then spend the entirety of their contract doing next to no wrestling.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines