WWE star Rhea Ripley has noted that she would love to compete in the men’s Royal Rumble match.
With WWE reportedly having many surprises planned for the January 28 premium live event, it has been speculated that one of these surprises will be Rhea Ripley competing in both the men’s and women’s Rumble matches.
During an interview with Sportskeeda’s WrestleBinge, Ripley revealed that she’d be interested in this idea, noting:
“I would most definitely love to enter the Men’s Royal Rumble. I would love to.”
As of writing only four women have competed in men’s Royal Rumble matches. Chyna was the first female star to do so, notably competing in the 1999 and 2000 bouts.
Beth Phoenix made an appearance in the 2010 Rumble, two years before Khama (Awesome Kong) brought her dominance to the 2012 Rumble bout.
Nia Jax became the first woman to compete in two Royal Rumble matches in 2019. After coming up short in the women’s match, Jax attacked R-Truth and took his #30 spot in the men’s contest later that night.
Rhea Ripley wrestled an intergender match on the December 19 edition of Raw, defeating Akira Tozawa in singles action.
The Judgment Day member has teased a match with Solo Sikoa, following their confrontation on the January 16 edition of WWE Raw.
Quote via SEScoops.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- WWE Sets Up Jey Uso Vs. Jimmy Uso For WrestleMania 40
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Jade Cargill Pulled From Big WWE Match
- Two NXT Stars Spotted At WWE Raw
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Name Change For Former AEW Star
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Returns After Three Month Absence