Sami Zayn has opened up on his feelings after experiencing two WrestleMania moments in the space of six weeks.
On February 18, Sami Zayn faced Roman Reigns for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship but would be on the losing end of that particular battle.
The show took place in Zayn’s home of Montreal, Quebec, Canada, marking it as a personal WrestleMania for him.
He would go on to face The Usos at WrestleMania 39 Night 1, teaming with Kevin Owens and being victorious at the April 1 event.
Speaking at the post-show press conference, Zayn discussed his feelings about his two standout showings, saying:
“I feel very lucky, because not a lot of people get two WrestleManias in six weeks, but I did.
“I don’t tend to put things in a hierarchy of importance, ‘this is more valuable because it was on a bigger platform, so therefore it’s higher on the totem pole of worth,’ or whatever.
“The metrics that I use are like, creative satisfaction, and what I was able to create that night. And what I created that night was magical. What I was able to be a part of was magical. And what I was able to create along with these guys and be a part of tonight was also magical. It’s apples and oranges, but they’re both delicious, and I’m just lucky to be eating so much delicious fruit.”
In the press conference, Triple H also discussed the reason behind placing the tag team championship match as the main event on night one of WrestleMania 39.
Highlights from the match can be seen below this news story.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW