Matt Riddle has hinted at a WWE character change in a new vlog following his WWE return.
Riddle made his comeback on the April 3 edition of Raw, attacking The Miz in an in-ring segment.
WWE has now uploaded a behind-the-scenes vlog showing the backstage moments surrounding Riddle’s return.
In the vlog, Riddle noted that on this next run, he wants to be more serious, and show less of his goofy side.
Discussing his plans for his character, Riddle said:
“Before I left, I beat Seth (Rollins) in a Fight Pit Match in the main event of Extreme Rules.
“Instead of kinda keeping that ride on, I kinda went back into goofy Riddle mode. And I feel like this time around, it’s still me, I’m always gonna be me, but I wanna bring a more serious side to it.
“You know, I’ve been working out a lot, I’ve been training a lot of jiu-jitsu. I just got my black belt.
“And I wanna really showcase my skills and my expertise and show the world I’m also one of the top fighters in the world and I can take anybody on in this company.”
Riddle made an appearance on the April 7 edition of SmackDown to save Sami Zayn from a Bloodline beatdown.
The returning star will be in action on Monday Night Raw.
Transcription via Sportskeeda.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown