WWE is now officially set to return to Madison Square Garden.
PWInsider reported the news earlier today that WWE would be returning to the World’s Most Famous Arena. Their return will take place on the September 10, 2021, episode of SmackDown.
The venue hosted its first full-capacity event since the start of the pandemic on June 20, 2021. The event was a Foo Fighters concert and was the first show presented by MSG in over 460 days.
WWE has not held an event at Madison Square Garden since their December 26, 2019 house show. This was the event where Andrade defeated Rey Mysterio to win the United States Championship.
WWE traditionally holds an event at Madison Square Garden on December 26 each year. However, with this show taking place in September, it appears unlikely that WWE will return just three months later.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Spoiler For Planned Return On August 12 SmackDown
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan
- Former WWE Writer Recalls Stephanie McMahon Reaction To Finding Out He Was A Wrestling Fan