Tonight on SmackDown, WWE hosted a fatal 4-way match to determine the number 1 contender for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. The competitors in the match were Tamina, Lacey Evans, Nikki Cross, and Alexa Bliss.
We haven’t really seen any of them in the ring in a while. So, it’s not clear why they each got the chance to be in the match. Well, technically it is clear. SmackDown doesn’t really have any other women.
Naomi’s there and she recently pinned Bayley, but that would make too much sense. So, which of these 4 ladies will be fighting for the championship?
It’s Nikki Cross. Cross was taken out halfway through the match by Alexa Bliss. Bliss hit her with a Sister Abigail, which is intriguing. Bliss then walked off in a trance. Where is this connection with The Fiend heading? Who knows, but it could be towards interfering in the match with Bayley at Clash of Champions.
.@NikkiCrossWWE has done it!
She will battle @itsBayleyWWE for the #SmackDown #WomensTitle at #WWEClash! pic.twitter.com/QHLK8gdSti
— WWE (@WWE) September 12, 2020
Bayley will officially be defending her title against Nikki Cross at Clash of Champions: Gold Rush. Bayley has beaten Nikki Cross several times over the last few months.
However, this will be the first time she is wrestling Cross without Sasha Banks by her side. Bayley explained her actions on SmackDown tonight. Basically, she’s been using Banks, but Banks was no longer useful.
If you participate in WrestleLeague then this match is one you should ask for a non-finish to be included. Between Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss, the chances of interference are high.
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon