Keith Lee was one of the 18 names released by WWE this past Thursday, and some more news has emerged regarding the possible reason.
In what seems to be a similar situation to Bray Wyatt, it sounds like people in WWE believed Lee had “attitude issues”, or at least “perceived attitude issues”.
One of the narratives appears to be that when people in WWE think someone has attitude issues, what that actually means is, ‘they spoke up for themselves and didn’t just go along with all of our stupid ideas’, but sooner or later, now that these names are being let go, their side of the story is going to come out.
Speaking for PWTorch, Wade Keller said:
“Keith Lee, who I have chronicled for months and months and months and months and months, was somebody that even people that were rooting for him behind the scenes, became frustrated with him.
“He just had, in general, attitude issues or, as one wrestler told me tonight, perceived attitude issues. Hedging a little bit, others have said outright attitude problems and he just was frustrated. I’ve heard different things about him in terms of his mood being altered way more than it should in the modern era about being asked to do a job (lose a match).”
Lee was set to win the United States Championship back in February but was sidelined just beforehand, and was out for several months because his bout with COVID-19 led to more serious health issues.
He was repackaged as Keith ‘Bearcat’ Lee upon returning but didn’t have time to build any momentum before being let go a number of days ago.
Lee’s fiancée Mia Yim was released by the company on the same day.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned