It looks like WWE is set to oppose Cody on a few trademarks he applied for previously, namely matches and concepts his father Dusty Rhodes invented.
The list of terms that Cody filed previously for is:
- The Match Beyond
- Bash at the Beach
- Dusty Rhodes
- The American Nightmare
- The Prince of Wrestling
- Bunkhouse Stampede
- The American Dream
Cody has stated that he wanted to secure the above trademarks to protect the intellectual properties that his father invented, and all benefits would go to his mother.
WWE has now applied for, and been granted, a 90-day extension to oppose the SuperBrawl and Slamboree filings, which gives the company until July 22.
The reason the extension was requested, according to WrestlingNews.co, is because “the potential opposer needs additional time to investigate the claim”.
WWE reportedly won’t be opposing the Dusty Rhodes trademark. WrestleTalk.com will keep you updated with any further developments.
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match
- Former NJPW Star Set For WWE Debut Next Week
- Tony Khan Continues To Praise Mercedes Moné Ahead Of Forbidden Door 2