According to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com, WWE wrestlers are less than thrilled about how WWE has handled the communication surrounding the latest round of COVID testing.
His report states that when he asked his sources about the total number of positive tests the response was “we’d know better than them.” Sapp says that a number of WWE employees contact him about the situation.
The report goes on to state that they haven’t been told how many positive tests or who actually tested positive. Without knowing who, it would seem to make it difficult to know if you’ve been exposed.
WWE is set to have tapings on Friday and Saturday. Family and friends are not allowed to attend the show this week as previously allowed.
Additionally, Sapp reports that this is a very different experience to how WWE handled the first positive test. Last time WWE was very candid and quick in their response. This time very little information is being shared.
Several wrestlers communicated to Fightful they would like to see testing done post tapings. This would allow for wrestlers to know if they walked in without the virus but contracted while at the tapings. Of course, this could be very dangerous for WWE to do from a legality standpoint.
We will continue to update you on this story as details become available.