Former WWE writer Jensen Karp recently spoke on the Swing & Mrs. show about a variety of topics, including his time working for Vince McMahon and not so pleasant interactions with JBL.
JBL has never been known to be easy to work with, and has been noted by a fair few former WWE employees to be quite a bully backstage within the company. Karp also claimed that JBL wasn’t too nice to him during his time with the company.
Despite being called names by JBL for the better part of a year, Karp actually claims that the former WWE Champion was kinder to him that he was to some of the other writers:
“Well, I didn’t [deal with it]. I left [WWE]. I’ve been pretty vocal about Bradshaw [JBL], and I haven’t hid it on Twitter,” Karp said. “I think he was, in the grand scheme of things, nice to me compared to other people. But calling me ‘s–t head’ for six months and not wanting to learn my real name – it’s so degrading.
“At a certain point you’re like, ‘You know I have to be creative for this show. The more you make me feel bad, it makes it bad content. So, you’re affecting the show.'”
Karp also revealed that WWE boss Vince McMahon would throw almonds at people who fell asleep while travelling with the Chairman. Karp said that as a result, he made sure he didn’t fall asleep while flying with Vince:
“And I don’t know if this is my fault, I don’t think it is… But the first few times I would go on the private plane, I would see Vince throw almonds at people who fell asleep. And Vince was very nice to me so I shouldn’t have put together that almonds were going to hit me at some point, although they probably would have. He was sweet to me, but at the same time I was so nervous to have almonds thrown at me or any bullying because I wasn’t a bully. I was the opposite; I was being bullied. So I was so nervous to be on that plane that I never fell asleep on it.”
Have you ever had a boss throw food at you? On todays @RDCSports Original, @JensenKarp recounted his crazy career path, including the bullying that he experienced in the wrestling industry. Listen to this entire interview wherever you get your podcasts. pic.twitter.com/fMa38VP29Q
— Swings & Mrs. (@SwingsAndMrs) January 8, 2020
Thanks to WrestlingInc for the transcription.
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- SmackDown Star Says He Got Over Without WWE Shoving Him Down Fans’ Throats
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed