Here is the reason WWE has reportedly told talent for the recent batch of talent releases.
Earlier today, WWE released a number of notable names including Keith Lee, Nia Jax and Ember Moon. According to Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful, John Laurinaitis cited ‘budget cuts’ as a reason for the departures in an email.
Before reports of today’s releases emerged, WWE announced their financial results for the third quarter of 2021. The company revealed that total revenue for the quarter was $255.8 million, with WWE pointing to “higher ticket sales and, to a lesser extent, venue merchandise sales” as reasons for the increase of 15% or $34.2 million, compared to last year’s Q3 earnings.
You can read the full list of releases, reported on November 4, here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite