AEW reportedly has no creative plans for a current two-time champion in the company.
Scorpio Sky has accomplished a lot in his three years in AEW, including being the inaugural AEW World Tag Team Champion alongside Frankie Kazarian, a two-time TNT Champion and a winner of the Face of the Revolution Ladder match.
Sky has not been on AEW television since the July 6 episode of AEW Dynamite, where he dropped the TNT Championship to Wardlow in a Street Fight.
Sky was off television due to a leg injury he had been working through prior to the match.
However, per Fightful Select (subscription required), Sky is no longer injured, and has been cleared for quite some time.
The reason for Sky’s absence is due to AEW not having any creative plans for him.
Scorpio was present at an episode of AEW Dynamite over the summer to film content, none of which ended up airing.
Scorpio’s former Men of the Year tag team partner Ethan Page recently reached the final of the AEW World Championship Eliminator Tournament, losing to Ricky Starks.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Former WWE Star Makes AEW Debut
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed
- WWE Star Addresses Potential CM Punk Return
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Scrapped MJF Babyface AEW Plans Revealed
- Report: Absent AEW Star Rejected Creative Plans For Return
- Kenny Omega Reacts To WWE Star’s Latest Shot At Him
- New WWE Signings Potentially Revealed, Plans For Reality Show
- WBD ‘Thrilled’ With AEW Dynamite Viewership