A Hall of Famer has compared a “tremendous” AEW star to a popular WWE star in comments made on a recent podcast.
Bully Ray made the comparison while speaking on the Busted Open Radio podcast, comparing Kenny Omega to AJ Styles and saying:
“I actually have grown to like Kenny Omega more and more because, one, I’ve seen range from Kenny, that I never thought I would see.
“I always looked at Kenny as that typical… I looked at Kenny as like the next incarnation of an AJ Styles.
“Tremendous in the ring, could go in the ring. The flips, the dives, the really cool s***.
“But you hand him the stick and then it kinda all… it didn’t go as well as in the ring.”
He would go on to discuss the evolution of Omega, concluding:
“I’ve seen Kenny evolve. I like it when I see that snarky d*ckhead Kenny Omega. Or when I actually see Kenny get a little bit serious about his wrestling.”
Omega has recently opened up about what stopped him from pursuing a run in WWE.
In December 2022, AJ Styles suffered an ankle injury that has sidelined him for “the longest” that he’s been out of the ring.
Transcript from Sportskeeda.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- Top WWE Women’s Division Star Responds To Asuka Title Win At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- PHOTO: Mandy Rose Spotted On Boat With Several NXT Stars
- AEW Stars ‘Withdraw’ From Double Or Nothing 2023?
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed