AEW star Keith Lee has shared his honest thoughts on the success of WWE Intercontinental Champion GUNTHER, noting that he’s proud of the popular star.
GUNTHER is currently being presented as one of WWE’s most dominant stars. His current stint with the Intercontinental Championship is the longest single IC title reign of the 21st century.
With the Ring General winning the gold from Ricochet on the June 10, 2022 edition of SmackDown, Saturday marks one full year of GUNTHER as WWE’s Intercontinental Champion.
GUNTHER has taken to social media to celebrate his win, sharing a photo of himself with the caption:
A Twitter user tagged Keith Lee in the post, asking him what he thought of GUNTHER reaching another title milestone.
Keith Lee replied with one word:
Of course, the initial Twitter user was referencing Keith Lee’s previous public display of concern for GUNTHER, when in January 2022, Lee tweeted:
Man….if what I’m hearing is real….
While many fans assumed that Lee’s concerns were surrounding WWE creative, with ‘WALTER’ announcing his name change to ‘GUNTHER’ on the previous night’s edition of NXT, Lee recently addressed criticism of this tweet, claiming that it had ‘nothing to do with wrestling’.
For Lee’s previous comments on his ‘poor Walter’ post click here.
— GUNTHER (@Gunther_AUT) June 10, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- Jade Cargill Reveals Why She Chose WWE Instead Of AEW
- WWE Match Pulled From Show
- Brian Pillman Jr Introduced On WWE NXT
- WWE Star Debuts Brand New Look & Entrance Theme After Big Makeover
- Roman Reigns WWE Return Date Revealed