Over the past few weeks and months, there has been a growing feeling that the relationship between AEW stars Santana and Ortiz may not be as friendly as it once was.
It was recently speculated that the duo were not on good terms, citing the fact they haven’t had a lot of matches together recently, and they aren’t standing next to each other on shows anymore as some of the reasons behind the speculation.
Santana in particular appears to be suggesting he may be on his way out of AEW, originally tweeting “126 days” in April, which teased his contract expiring on September 1, 2022. Last week, he again tweeted, this time simply saying “soon” which fans have understandably taken as confirmation that he is planning for a future outside of AEW.
More evidence to suggest he’s on his way out is that Santana has been taking independent bookings as a singles star.
The fractious relationship between the two men has been mostly speculation to this point, but now Konnan, who is very close to both men, appears to have “confirmed” the speculation on an episode of his Keeping It 100 podcast.
When asked whether Santana and Ortiz are on bad terms, he simply said:
“Yes, they are not on good terms.”
It isn’t clear why they may have fallen out, but if we hear anything more, rest assured you’ll be the first to know.
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- Becky Lynch Shares Update On Shoulder Injury
- Rey Mysterio Still Has CM Punk’s Hair From 2010 Rivalry
- Final Set For G1 Climax 32 Tournament
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Another Debut Announced For Next Week’s NXT 2.0
- Becky Lynch On How Much Creative Freedom She Has With WWE Promos