Another AEW star has seemingly been added to the injury list as Joey Janela has pulled out of upcoming GCW shows.
Speaking in a video on Twitter, Janela didn’t reveal any specifics but noted that he’s not currently cleared due to injury.
AEW’s injury list seems to be growing constantly, with Chris Jericho, Anna Jay, John Silver, Kip Sabian, Ricky Starks, Darius Martin and Rey Fenix all currently on the shelf too.
The Blade and QT Marshall were both pulled from the Casino Battle Royale due to injuries as well, but Marshall is being advertised for a tag match with Anthony Ogogo against Cody Rhodes and Lee Johnson this Friday.
Ogogo himself also went into Double Or Nothing with a rib injury but still had the match with Rhodes.
It seemed like AEW had started a break-up between Janela and Sonny Kiss, but Kiss was back in Janela’s corner on Dynamite this past Friday, which was Janela’s last match in a loss to Adam Page.
Regarding my June matches for @GCWrestling_ pic.twitter.com/L7J2jtZXqf
— “The Bad Boy” Joey Janela (@JANELABABY) May 31, 2021
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning