Chris Jericho has again spoken about original plans for the Inner Circle faction in AEW, and another one of those has now been revealed.
We’ve already heard that he’d had the idea to call the group The Fist, because the group has five members and there are five fingers on a fist.
However, Tony Khan apparently had a different idea of his own, which would have seen the group called ‘Chris Jericho & The Acclaimed’.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Jericho said:
“It’s funny because I think the original idea was he wanted it to be ‘Chris Jericho &’ like Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers sorta thing. I think his original idea was Chris Jericho & The Acclaimed, a name that he really liked which he saved and gave to the current Acclaimed. I had thought of the idea of calling us The Fist like a five-point hand, The Fist.”
A few other things that could have turned out different were the Lucha Brothers being the allocated tag team instead of Santana & Ortiz, and Anthony Ogogo being the group’s big man instead of Jake Hager.
The Inner Circle and Pinnacle members are doing press ahead of Wednesday’s Blood & Guts match, and in an interview with WrestleTalk, Shawn Spears hinted at legitimate heat between members of the groups.
Quote via Ringside News
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star
- WWE Hall Of Famer Thanks Tony Khan Following AEW Dynamite
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- AEW Star Helped Produce Incredible Kenny Omega Vs. El Hijo Del Vikingo Dream Match
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan