PWInsider is reporting that Austin Theory was backstage again for last night’s episode of WWE Raw in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Theory had been backstage the week prior and has worked plenty of pre-show dark matches in recent months ever since WWE returned to touring in front of fans.
This had led to speculation about a possible main roster call-up, which was added to last week when he posted a tweet thanking The Way for everything they’d done for him, hinting he was moving on from the group.
Austin Theory returned to NXT last week for the Indi Hartwell/Dexter Lumis wedding after several weeks off TV, but it seems that may have been his farewell too, and it would be a fitting way to end his run with The Way.
With all the new faces on the NXT roster, Theory does stand out as someone who is levels above a lot of others with his in-ring work even though he’s still only 24, so there’s no need for him to be loitering around in developmental anymore.
Theory already had a run on the main roster last year, firstly as a replacement for Andrade at WrestleMania as Angel Garza’s tag team partner, and later as a ‘disciple’ of Seth Rollins, before being moved back to NXT.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Kenny Omega AEW Double Or Nothing Status Revealed After Recent Backstage Return