UPDATES – There are obviously many fallout stories following this news, so look at our homepage for all the latest.
Backstage details on Vince McMahon’s retirement have been revealed.
As previously noted, McMahon announced his retirement from WWE at the age of 77 from all roles including head of creative. In his statement, he revealed that Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan were the new Co-CEOs of WWE.
Per PWInsider, the Vince McMahon retirement decision was privately made “about a week or so ago”.
The decision to name Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan as Co-CEOs of WWE was made shortly thereafter.
The timing of the retirement announcement on Friday afternoon was to blunt any negative fallout in terms of media and stockholder response.
According to Fightful Select (subscription required), there is an “all hands on deck” meeting planned for 5PM EST.
In an update, Fightful confirmed that the meeting will be company wide on Zoom.
A mass message has been sent to those within WWE from McMahon announcing the news.
We will have further updates on the retirement announcement when they become available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Name Announced For New ROH Board Of Directors
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- WWE Hall Of Famer’s Daughter Slams WWE Star’s New Look
- Top Star Says AEW Talent Was ‘Very Good’ During Forgotten WWE Run