WWE Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch has admitted that she thinks the Survivor Series ‘brand supremacy’ angle is a little outdated.
In recent years, many fans have criticised Survivor Series for having virtually no stakes, especially this year, with the Raw vs SmackDown event taking place a month after the WWE Draft officially took effect.
Speaking with Vincent Beltran, Becky Lynch argued that the annual pay-per-view would be more interesting if the winners were rewarded. Believing Survivor Series would benefit from higher stakes, Lynch said:
“Yeah, that would be helpful. I don’t know if — yeah, the old brand supremacy is a little outdated.
“At the same time, we’re all competitors. So, you always want to be the best. Whatever it is, whatever carrot they dangle.
“You always want to be the best, whether it’s the winner gets a frickin’ banana. It’s like, ‘Well, I want that frickin’ banana. I wanna prove that I deserve that banana.’ You always want to be the best. Whatever the logic is, you can make it work when you are a competitive human, which we all are. You don’t get to WWE if you’re not competitive.”
On the November 21 show, Lynch will do battle with SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair. Ahead of the clash, The Man addressed her and Flair’s recent backstage confrontation.
Quote via WrestlingInc.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors