WWE Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch has admitted that she thinks the Survivor Series ‘brand supremacy’ angle is a little outdated.
In recent years, many fans have criticised Survivor Series for having virtually no stakes, especially this year, with the Raw vs SmackDown event taking place a month after the WWE Draft officially took effect.
Speaking with Vincent Beltran, Becky Lynch argued that the annual pay-per-view would be more interesting if the winners were rewarded. Believing Survivor Series would benefit from higher stakes, Lynch said:
“Yeah, that would be helpful. I don’t know if — yeah, the old brand supremacy is a little outdated.
“At the same time, we’re all competitors. So, you always want to be the best. Whatever it is, whatever carrot they dangle.
“You always want to be the best, whether it’s the winner gets a frickin’ banana. It’s like, ‘Well, I want that frickin’ banana. I wanna prove that I deserve that banana.’ You always want to be the best. Whatever the logic is, you can make it work when you are a competitive human, which we all are. You don’t get to WWE if you’re not competitive.”
On the November 21 show, Lynch will do battle with SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair. Ahead of the clash, The Man addressed her and Flair’s recent backstage confrontation.
Quote via WrestlingInc.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’