Plans for Beth Phoenix to make a return to WWE main roster TV may have been revealed following this past Monday’s Raw.
The show saw Edge – Phoenix’s real-life husband – have his return promo interrupted by another real-life married couple in The Miz and Maryse.
PWInsider is reporting that, according to a source, there has been talk in WWE of possibly involving Beth Phoenix in the storyline at some point.
The report didn’t say a mixed tag team match had been talked about, but that’s something that a lot of people have suggested could be an interesting idea.
PWInsider did make a point of mentioning that Maryse’s return on Monday wasn’t a one-off, so expect to continue seeing her in the coming weeks.
Phoenix is currently a commentator for NXT 2.0, and was last seen on the main roster when she was involved in the Edge vs Randy Orton storyline in early 2020.
Despite both being prominent in the same ‘Divas’ era, Phoenix and Maryse have actually only ever had one singles match against each other in WWE, which was on the first ever episode Superstars in 2011.
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’