Hot Potatoe, pass it on. The IWGP Tag Team Championships have changed hands as Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi defeated the Guerrillas of Destiny. This is the first time the duo has won the titles.
Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa had only been champions for three weeks. They had defeated FinJuice at The New Beginning in USA earlier this month.
This marks the third time the titles have changed hands in 2020. Tanahashi and Ibushi formed their team at New Year Dash when they defeated Bullet Club in an eight-man tag match. They then became the number one contenders once GoD won the titles back.
Ibushi and Tanahashi both suffered huge disappointments at Wrestle Kingdom 14. Ibushi lost both of his matches to Kazuchika Okada and Jay White in the Double Gold Dash, while Tanahashi lost to Chris Jericho.
Now, the duo has the chance to start again as a tag team.
Are you a fan on Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kota Ibushi as a tag team? Let us know on Twitter!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023