WWE Raw star Bobby Lashley has revealed that he refused to have surgery for the shoulder injury he suffered ahead of WrestleMania 38.
During February’s Elimination Chamber premium live event, Lashley was removed from the main event before his official entry into the match, forfeiting the WWE Championship.
It was reported that Lashley was dealing with a legitimate shoulder injury ahead of WrestleMania, however the All Mighty returned to action to face Omos during the April event.
Speaking on The Masked Man Show, Lashley noted that Vince McMahon told him to take time off and have surgery.
Explaining that he was dealing with a torn labrum and rotator cuff, Lashley said:
“I tore my shoulder two months before WrestleMania. I couldn’t even raise my hand. I kept that quiet. I took like three weeks off and I said, I have to make it to WrestleMania. I called Vince (McMahon), Vince was like, ‘Ah, let’s take off. Let’s go get surgery,’ spend four months off and everything like that.
“I was like, ‘I can’t do that. There’s no way I’m gonna do that.’ I stayed at home for a couple weeks and when I sat at home for a couple weeks, I started going crazy and I was like, I can’t stay at home. I gotta go to work so I started training and I started getting ready, I started rehabbing and I got back in and then I made it for WrestleMania. I mean there’s no downtime. Every other sport has off-season. We don’t have an off-season.
“It circulated (him might not being able to make it for WrestleMania). I get pissed off about that. Stuff that’s supposed to be inside here, gets leaked out and I don’t know how that got leaked out because I didn’t tell anybody. It was between me and the trainers.
“The trainers were like, ‘All right, go get an MRI.’ I got an MRI and then the MRI was like, you got a 75 percent tear in your rotator cuff, your labrum is torn and all this and I was like, does that mean I get a day off? (Lashley laughed)”
Lashley is currently the WWE US Champion, defeating Theory for the gold at Money in the Bank in July.
On the August 1 edition of WWE Raw, Ciampa became the #1 contender to Lashley’s gold, with the title bout slated for next week’s show.
Stay up to date with every WWE title change of 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via POST Wrestling.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury