In the most shocking news of the day, WWE has come to terms on the release of Akam and Rezar of AoP. The team had been off television since Rezar tore his bicep in March.
WWE made the announcement on Twitter earlier today and issued a very brief statement on their website. Here are the announcement and full statement from WWE.com:
WWE has come to terms on the release of Akam and Rezar (AOP). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors. https://t.co/26hOhQL2vS
— WWE (@WWE) September 4, 2020
“WWE has come to terms on the release of Akam and Rezar (AOP). We wish them all the best in their future endeavors.”
The duo had been the muscle of Seth Rollins’ stable when he turned heel late last year. When Rezar suffered his injury, they were both taken off television. Recently, there were reports of what plans might be when they returned to television. One report suggested that they would be brought back away from Rollins, but that will obviously not be happening now.
The team debuted in NXT alongside manager Paul Ellering at NXT Takeover: The End in 2016. They quickly became a dominant force in NXT, eventually capturing the NXT Tag Team Championships. Upon their move to the main roster, Ellering was taken away from them and they later joined forces with Drake Maverick.
During their time on the main roster, they only held the Raw Tag Team Championships once, for a month in 2018.
Were you a fan of AoP? Let us know on Twitter!
- Ronda Rousey WWE Replacement Revealed
- Big Clue AEW Stars Are Heading To WWE?
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Saraya Recruits Recent AEW Signees To The Outcasts?
- Update On Rumored WWE Releases/Cuts
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Current Champion WWE Has Legitimate Concerns About
- Unseen AEW Matches Coming Soon?
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw