Cain Velasquez has shared his first public statement following his arrest following a non-fatal shooting in San Jose, California.
Court documents stated that in late February, Velasquez had been arrested after firing shots at a man who allegedly molested his family relative.
TMZ Sports reported that Velasquez was charged with 10 total charges including 1st degree attempted murder, multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon, and shooting an occupied motor vehicle, among others.
Velasquez has now taken to Twitter to provide his first public statement on the matter.
Velasquez’ statement reads:
“To everyone who has expressed their support for us, my family and I can never thank you enough. From the depths of our hearts and souls, we are eternally grateful for your love. Your selfless acts and encouraging words have given me strength in my darkest moments.
“This story is complex and is slowly unfolding right now. To all the true victims of this case, may God grant you the strength to speak publicly. Although the hardest part is reliving the pain you have suffered, by speaking honestly, justice will be done and your true recovery will begin. I will never stop helping and loving my community and all of you. Thank you for loving me. — Cain Velasquez”
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
— Cain Velasquez (@cainmma) April 12, 2022
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- Former WWE Star Seemingly Signs Deal With The Company
- CM Punk WWE Brand Status Update
- WWE Legend Hospitalized Due To Illness
- AEW Star Set To Return To IMPACT Wrestling
- Backstage Details On Randy Orton WWE Creative Plans
- ‘A Lot Of Negativity’ Backstage In AEW, Reasons Why Revealed
- WWE Botches Big Match Announcement?