Chris Jericho has been one of the focal points of AEW since the company launched in 2019, being the figurehead of two different factions.
Jericho originally led the Inner Circle, and now leads the Jericho Appreciation Society. Both stables feature five members, but the only member to overlap in both other than Jericho himself is Jake Hager.
Jericho recently hosted a special episode of Talk Is Jericho related to the Jericho Appreciation Society, when he spoke about Hager’s contribution to the group. Jericho went on record in naming Jake the ‘most underrated’ star in the company.
“Jake is one of the most underrated guys in our company. Only because whenever he’s given something to do, he always kills it. Always, every time, no matter what it is. If it’s a 1% thing, he’s there. If he has to main event a no people match against Moxley with only Jim Ross commentating, it’s there. So I was like, ‘We don’t need to get a new heater, I’ve got one.’”
Jericho also went on record to speak about how he credits Jake Hager with saving his life.
The Jericho Appreciation Society took part in a crazy Anarchy in the Arena match at Double or Nothing, which was awarded five stars by Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. For a list of all Dave Meltzer 5 star matches in 2022 so far, click here.
transcription via WrestlingInc
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material