A huge match with WWE Clash at the Castle implications has been officially announced for tonight’s (July 8) episode of WWE SmackDown.
Sheamus and Drew McIntyre have been butting heads in recent weeks, with the two going to a double disqualification during their Money in the Bank qualifying match last month.
At the Money in the Bank event, Butch came out to attack McIntyre, continuing the animosity between Sheamus and McIntyre.
WWE has now announced a big time rematch between Sheamus and McIntyre for tonight’s show, with the winner being set to challenge for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship at Clash at the Castle in September.
The winner will face either Roman Reigns or Brock Lesnar (or Theory) for the championship in Cardiff on September 3.
Also set for tonight’s SmackDown is a segment with Maximum Male Models unveiling their 2022 Tennis Collection.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?