Former AEW World Champion CM Punk has been training with a familiar face ahead of his AEW return.
On the May 31 edition of Dynamite, Tony Khan officially announced that CM Punk will return on the debut episode of AEW Collision.
Ahead of June 17, Punk has been training with actor Stephen Amell, who shared a photo of himself and the AEW star together at a gym in Los Angeles, California.
Amell captioned the photo:
Don’t skip leg day
Amell has some ties with the Elite, notably teaming with Kenny Omega, Adam Cole and the Young Bucks at ROH Survival Of The Fittest 2017, and wrestling at All In 2017, the event which is often viewed as the precursor to AEW.
The Arrow actor is friends with Cody Rhodes and even visited him at January’s WWE Royal Rumble event.
With the duo working together on the Heels TV series, Amell and Punk also have a close friendship.
Prior to Punk’s return to the ring in 2021, Amell assured fans that Punk could still go in the ring.
Following the Punk AEW Collision announcement, another absent star teased his return, after previously being touted as a ‘headline’ star of the new brand.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed