Former AEW World Champion CM Punk has been training with a familiar face ahead of his AEW return.
On the May 31 edition of Dynamite, Tony Khan officially announced that CM Punk will return on the debut episode of AEW Collision.
Ahead of June 17, Punk has been training with actor Stephen Amell, who shared a photo of himself and the AEW star together at a gym in Los Angeles, California.
Amell captioned the photo:
Don’t skip leg day
Amell has some ties with the Elite, notably teaming with Kenny Omega, Adam Cole and the Young Bucks at ROH Survival Of The Fittest 2017, and wrestling at All In 2017, the event which is often viewed as the precursor to AEW.
The Arrow actor is friends with Cody Rhodes and even visited him at January’s WWE Royal Rumble event.
With the duo working together on the Heels TV series, Amell and Punk also have a close friendship.
Prior to Punk’s return to the ring in 2021, Amell assured fans that Punk could still go in the ring.
Following the Punk AEW Collision announcement, another absent star teased his return, after previously being touted as a ‘headline’ star of the new brand.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Kenny Omega Hits Back At ‘Fans’ Sending Jade Cargill Hate Following WWE Switch
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Honest Thoughts On Jade Cargill
- Malakai Black Addresses Current Absence & Lack Of AEW Singles Matches
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- Tony Khan Provides Update On Wardlow’s AEW Future
- Powerhouse Hobbs & More AEW Stars React To Jade Cargill Joining WWE