Cody Rhodes is a big deal in WWE, and as a result of this, speculation has started that 2K Games may be planning on using him as the cover star for WWE 2K23.
According to a report from Sports Gamers Online, an idea was pitched when it was known Cody was returning to WWE to have him as a special DLC character to celebrate his return. The report allegedly comes from “a person close to the developmental team,” who claimed “WWE tried, but it was quickly shot down” by whoever makes that kind of decision.
The report added there was simply not enough to add Cody Rhodes to the game, given how much time and effort goes into making new characters.
Earlier this week, podcaster James Stewart suggested the idea that Cody could be used as the cover star for WWE 2K23, and while Cody didn’t confirm anything, his response to this suggestion has made fans think he is a likely contender.
— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) May 24, 2022
Sounds like something the cover star of WWE 2K23 would say…
It would seem like a very obvious choice given how much WWE is pushing Rhodes at the moment, and with AEW’s first ever console game coming out later this year, having former AEW Executive President Cody Rhodes on the WWE cover may sounds enticing for Vince McMahon.
- Another AEW Star Clears Twitter Amid Contract Expiry Speculation
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Fans Speculate AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired Following Cryptic Tweet
- Kevin Owens Misses WWE Raw Due To ‘Minor Situation’
- Luke Owen Reviews WWE Raw – June 27, 2022
- AEW Star Jake Atlas Domestic Violence Case Dropped
- Cody Rhodes Appears On June 27 WWE Raw
- Latest On Sasha Banks & Naomi WWE Statuses
- John Cena Says He Doesn’t Know When His Next Match Is During Raw Return
- Jon Moxley Clarifies Injury Status After Forbidden Door