Cody Rhodes has provided an update on his injury, explaining why he doesn’t have an official timetable for his return yet.
Rhodes suffered a pectoral muscle tear in June while training for his Hell in a Cell match against Seth Rollins. The former AEW EVP notably wrestled the full match against Rollins with a huge bruise across his chest and arm.
The star has been out of action since undergoing surgery in the days following the Hell in a Cell match. Speaking with TMZ Sports, Rhodes noted that his doctors know he’d try to beat his return timetable if he was given one. The WWE star noted that he has been told that he has the strength of an 11-year-old on that side of his body.
Discussing his WWE run so far, Rhodes said:
“No complaints. They’ve treated me like the house that built me, which they were. And honestly, it was amazing. We were back, and everything was rolling so fast, and then I tore my pec. It was like the best three months of my life.
“Hopefully, get back to that soon. I was told I have the strength of an 11-year-old, but I was pretty strong at 11. Hopefully soon.
“You know they haven’t really given me one (return timetable) because they know I’m stupid, and I’d try to test it. I got in my mind where I want to be, and I think a lot of fans have in their mind where I’d like to be, and that’s hopefully where it’s at.
“Right now, I do actually agree with what’s going on because I think what happens next hopefully and what we do, and this is all speculative up in the air. Hopefully, it’s a run that people remember, and I got to be healthy for it.”
WWE initially announced that Rhodes was expected to be out of action for nine months following his original injury.
For a list of every WWE star out of action with an injury, and their expected return dates, click here.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Recently Departed WWE Name Signs With AEW
- Liv Morgan Throws Shade At Former WWE Star Following Nickname Controversy?
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Current AEW Champion Out Due To Visa Issues
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- WWE Star Never Wrestling Full-Time Again
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone
- CM Punk Injury Referenced By AEW Star On Dynamite
- More Matches Announced For AEW Revolution 2024
- The Rock Sends Message To Cody Rhodes & His ‘Little Girlfriend’ Seth Rollins Ahead Of WWE Elimination Chamber